I Will Never Not Ever Eat a Tomato

Do you need a quick lesson for reading intervention?
Are you looking for ideas on a specific comprehension skill?

Check out:

This fantastic site is free for signing up.  They send you periodic emails with updates on stories but they are not overwhelming!

Today I used the story: I Will Never Not Ever Eat a Tomato by Lauren Child
My library had a copy.

This lesson was using background knowledge to draw a reasonable conclusion about the story.
I added a pre-reading question to help build the background.  I asked them what food would they never not ever eat!  Oh, what a response I got!!  They love talking about themselves!

It was fun listening to them agree or disagree with each other about what was being said. 

I then read the story stopping at specific pages that is referenced in the lesson page to ask questions.  I wrote these questions on sticky notes and put them on the page to remind me.  

When I got to the end of the book the students were given an independent practice worksheet on answering a question to see if they could draw a conclusion about the ending of the book.  We then read these aloud and did thumbs up/thumbs down if they felt their answer drew a correct conclusion.  We also discussed opinions.

No comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...