Geometry and a Math Expressions Question

This week we are working on geometry in our Math Expressions book.  The lesson is broken up into two days to discuss what the attributes of a rectangle, square, triangle and circle are.  I just feel like this is going way to slow and too easy.  I have felt this way for most of the year with this series.  Does anyone else have this series and how do you feel?  Please leave comments on how you work with this series.  I'm obviously going to have it for awhile and need to raise the bar.

We had Everyday Math for 14 years and it was much more challenging than this.  I'm afraid my test scores are going to go down.

For fun the kiddos made shapes with straws and twist ties.  This is something I did with Everyday Math.






No comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...